| || |
| || || | DOC SEARLS
MAY 19, 2013 What can people do with data that companies alone can’t?
'After six years on the VRM case, it seems obvious to me that individuals need to be the points of integration for their own data — and of data about them, held by companies. So, to help with that, here are a few starters: Quantified self data. The list goes on, and can get very long — especially when you integrate it with the other stuff below.
| || || || |
DONALD CLARK PLAN B MOOC on Human-Computer Interaction: 7 fails in screen design
| SATURDAY, MAY 18, 2013
'Enjoying Stanford’s Coursera MOOC on Human-Computer Interaction but (oh the irony) the screen design and pedagogy of the many videos, is awful. Don’t get me wrong, it’s easy to use, has good content and I’m getting what I thought I’d get. It is very video heavy, which is OK, let’s face it most HE courses are lecture heavy. Read the research guys. MORE >>
HAROLD JARCHE Social tools or tools that are social?
| MONDAY, MAY 20, 2013
'They might all be called ‘social networks’, but Facebook is very different from Twitter, which is very different from Instagram, which is very different from Foursquare. The logic of business simply dictates it. – Dmitry Valyanov (Venture Beat). Is there a need for a wide variety of enterprise social tools? CMS Wire. ” - ZDNet. MORE >>
TED A library revolution, started in part by Jane McGonigal’s TED Talk
| TUESDAY, MAY 21, 2013
'Libraries are generally where you go to check out books; not where you go if you want to write one. This is an old assumption that Librii — a concept for a community-based, digitally-enhanced series of libraries in the developing world — would like to flip on its head. It will even generate revenue for the community. MORE >>
DONALD CLARK PLAN B Futurelearn MOOC: 10 Qestions: When, who, what, cost, funding, courses, look, pedagogy?
| MONDAY, MAY 20, 2013
'Paid top dollar to attend a MOOC conference by UK Universities in which Martin Bean (Vice Chancellor of Open University) and Simon Nelson (CEO of Futurelearn) were to give talks. Although the conference was about MOOCs and online learning, most of Simon’s talk was about the BBC. That was fine but not entirely relevant. When’s it coming? MORE >>
LUIS SUAREZ How Social Networking Can Improve Work Meetings
| SATURDAY, MAY 18, 2013
'I am not too sure whether meetings lower our IQ or whether they make us all more stupid, as my good friend Stowe Boyd reflected on a recent blog post , but I can certainly confirm they do take a toll on your own productivity. But perhaps enough is enough. And here is the funny thing. Well, that’s not really accurate. . Or, perhaps not. . MORE >>
- What’s right with QR codes DOC SEARLS | MONDAY, MAY 20, 2013
- New playlist: The big picture TED | SUNDAY, MAY 19, 2013
- We are on track for 518% global economic growth this half-century ROSS DAWSON | TUESDAY, MAY 21, 2013
- Trainer’s Notebook: The Art of Good Openings and Closings BETH KANTER | MONDAY, MAY 20, 2013
- Flickr to Pro customers: no change DOC SEARLS | MONDAY, MAY 20, 2013
- Responding to the petition to disinvite George Papandreou from TEDGlobal TED | TUESDAY, MAY 21, 2013
- How to organise a formal online social learning experience for the workplace – aka a corporate-mini-c-MOOC! JANE HART | MONDAY, MAY 20, 2013
- [misc] The loneliness of the long distance ISBN DAVID WEINBERGER | MONDAY, MAY 20, 2013
- How to Pick a Winner: A Psychological Trick to Improve the Odds PSYBLOG | MONDAY, MAY 20, 2013
- 20+ resources for better giving and living a more altruistic life TED | MONDAY, MAY 20, 2013
- 2013_05_19 link pile DOC SEARLS | SATURDAY, MAY 18, 2013
- Heartland Pride: Winner of the #npfail Little Bets Contest BETH KANTER | TUESDAY, MAY 21, 2013
- Let’s N-Screen the Classroom DAN PONTEFRACT | TUESDAY, MAY 21, 2013
- Crowdsourcing limitations: How you can become a part of Phil Hansen’s latest art piece TED | TUESDAY, MAY 21, 2013
- The New Yorker Caption Contest is making me an embittered, broken man DAVID WEINBERGER | MONDAY, MAY 20, 2013
- Organising a formal online social learning experience for the workplace JANE HART'S PICK OF THE DAY | MONDAY, MAY 20, 2013
- North Korean defector Hyeonseo Lee reunited with the man who saved her family TED | MONDAY, MAY 20, 2013
- Turning Haiti, Tunisia and the West Bank inside out: A documentary on JR’s worldwide participatory art project to air on HBO tonight TED | MONDAY, MAY 20, 2013
- TED Weekends investigates why we judge others TED | SATURDAY, MAY 18, 2013
- The World on its Head: A Q&A about the ideas behind this exciting TEDGlobal session TED | TUESDAY, MAY 21, 2013
- Fuel cell symphonies and art from gift bag wrappers: The Reimagine Project launches with the TEDActive 2013 artists-in-residence TED | MONDAY, MAY 20, 2013
Working Smarter Daily can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.