| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| || | KEVIN WHEELER
OCTOBER 7, 2011 Talent Pools vs. Communities: What’s the Difference?
talent pool is the equivalent of an annotated and sorted filing cabinet, but it only contains static and most likely out-of-date information about the potential candidate. First of all it is two-way: both you and the candidate exchange information and both of you give and get. community is entirely different. Feeling included.
| || || |
| || | KEVIN WHEELER
NOVEMBER 24, 2010 Getting More Value from Your Social Media
They can provide authentic information, answer questions, and even close offers. However, most organizations are operating without an overarching strategy that defines how to get a solid and visible return from their social media approaches. These are key questions to ask when it comes to choosing a strategy and a recruiting platform.
| | KEVIN WHEELER
MAY 12, 2011 What Is a Next Generation Corporate University: From Control to Choice
As much as 80% of what we know we have acquired outside traditional structures and methods – we have acquired these skills informally by trial and error, practice, reading, questioning and observing. “I never allowed schooling to interfere with my education. -Mark Twain. Nature does the growing. Good educators do the same.
| | KEVIN WHEELER
AUGUST 8, 2011 The “New” Recruiter
Technology ultimately frees you and informs you. But more importantly it gives you the information you need to make decisions. Over the past twenty years or so, corporations worldwide have focused on a variety of initiatives. The bulk of these were aimed at improving efficiency, increasing profit, and ensuring quality.
| || || || |
KEVIN WHEELER Corporate Learning Trends- What Endures During Recessions
| THURSDAY, MARCH 3, 2011
learnin g. We learn the vast majority of what we know informally
- without apprenticeships, textbooks, or teachers. Jay Cross at the Internet Time Alliance is the guru of preaching informal
learning and his blogs and writings explain and amplify the concepts nicely. ROI is the holy grail of training professionals. MORE >>
KEVIN WHEELER Three Experts Talk about Corporate Learning and the Future
| FRIDAY, MAY 13, 2011
We need empowered models based on self-learning, choice and fast connections to massive amounts of information
. Finding a fact, learning how to do some particular task, getting information
on how a product works or what a software feature does are so easy today that there is no need to enter a classroom. There Send to Facebook. MORE >>
KEVIN WHEELER Wrap Up of the Australasian Talent Conference
| FRIDAY, JUNE 10, 2011
Check out the website for details and also for archived slides, videos and information
on our past conferences. Australasian Talent Conference. Just back from our 5 th Talent Management Conference in Sydney. It was a great success with about 400 people sharing ideas, networking, and learning together. So much wine, so little time. MORE >>
KEVIN WHEELER Should We Just Blow it Up?
| TUESDAY, JUNE 14, 2011
contend that all of these assumptions are either plain wrong or need to be challenged for their relevance in an information
- and Internet-based world. Most people like to be kept in the loop and informed
about potential openings, even when nothing is available at the moment. Maybe we should just blow the whole thing up and start over. MORE >>
KEVIN WHEELER TRU Conferences vs. Traditional Ones
| SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2011
What these sometimes lack is interaction – you receive a lot of information
but have only a little opportunity to ask questions or get involved in deep conversation. SLIDESHOW FROM A RECENT TRU LONDON. Most conference follow a traditional pattern: Keynote talks, general sessions, panels, and break out sessions. Nothing wrong with this. MORE >>
- Is HR Relevant and Does it Matter? | Over the Seas KEVIN WHEELER | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 27, 2010
- The New Television: How the iPad Changes Everything KEVIN WHEELER | TUESDAY, APRIL 27, 2010
- From Social Networks to Communities KEVIN WHEELER | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 16, 2010
- Six Talent Trends for 2010 | Over the Seas KEVIN WHEELER | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2010
- The Future of Leadership Development | Over the Seas KEVIN WHEELER | THURSDAY, JANUARY 7, 2010
- Driving Productivity Might Revolutionize HR or Kill It KEVIN WHEELER | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 10, 2010
- Do We Need Internal Recruiting At All? | Over the Seas KEVIN WHEELER | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2011
- We Came to Make a Decision and Left with a PowerPoint Deck KEVIN WHEELER | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2009
- Habits, Frameworks and Corporate Universities KEVIN WHEELER | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 2, 2009
- The Strategic Role of the Modern Learning Function | Over the Seas KEVIN WHEELER | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 4, 2010
- Weekend Ruminations KEVIN WHEELER | SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2010
- The Future of Leadership Development – Part II KEVIN WHEELER | TUESDAY, JANUARY 12, 2010
- Working and Job Seeking Together KEVIN WHEELER | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2009
- Are Senge’s Five Disciplines Still Relevant? Part 3 KEVIN WHEELER | FRIDAY, JULY 8, 2011
- Small & Decentralized is Beautiful KEVIN WHEELER | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 2, 2009
- Why People Still Like the Classroom More than e-Learning KEVIN WHEELER | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 29, 2009
- 5 Ways a Learning Function Can Add Value | Over the Seas KEVIN WHEELER | TUESDAY, AUGUST 25, 2009
- Leadership Development for Gen Y KEVIN WHEELER | THURSDAY, MARCH 19, 2009
- Devlearn '09 – Learning How to Learn KEVIN WHEELER | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2009
- What's Happening in Learning in South Africa? KEVIN WHEELER | WEDNESDAY, MAY 12, 2010
- Showcasing Your Company and Careers with Video KEVIN WHEELER | THURSDAY, JANUARY 29, 2009
- Blowing Up the Training Department KEVIN WHEELER | SUNDAY, APRIL 19, 2009
- Messiness, Creativity and Education | Over the Seas KEVIN WHEELER | TUESDAY, JUNE 2, 2009
- Messiness, Creativity and Education KEVIN WHEELER | TUESDAY, JUNE 2, 2009
- The Advantages of a Talent Community KEVIN WHEELER | TUESDAY, JULY 28, 2009
- Gen Y Redefines Learning | Over the Seas KEVIN WHEELER | MONDAY, AUGUST 10, 2009
- Gen Y Redefines Learning KEVIN WHEELER | MONDAY, AUGUST 10, 2009
- 5 Ways a Learning Function Can Add Value KEVIN WHEELER | TUESDAY, AUGUST 25, 2009
Working Smarter Daily can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.