| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| || | HAROLD JARCHE
MARCH 29, 2010 [eLgg, Productivity] Elgg: it’s a community effort
Another platform that I have used since its early days is Elgg , an open source social networking platform that attracted me because of its unique underlying model. We started using Elgg for an online medical community of practice in 2004 after going through dozens of platforms. The Elgg community blog has more information.
| | GEORGE SIEMENS
JULY 10, 2011 [eLgg, Productivity] Google+ – fundamental misunderstanding of networks?
It’s an impressive product, defined by Google’s typical clean interface. Within our research on social network software at Athabasca University (the Elgg-based The Landing ), we (mainly Jon Dron, actually) have been looking at ways to create different representations of activity streams to meet the needs of different contexts.
| | TONY KARRER
FEBRUARY 13, 2007 [eLgg, Productivity] Product Vendor Blogs - Where are They?
and asked about innovation in eLearning, especially innovation that leads to products. One thing that just dawned on me is how few product vendor blogs there are in eLearning. If you look on my link roll, there's one from Articulate, elgg, ummm. Ben Werdmuller posted his comments on this Does location matter for web startups?
| | HAROLD JARCHE
MAY 5, 2010 [eLgg, Productivity] Identifying a collaboration platform
If your LMS is not helping you with these processes then it’s time to find a better platform. I recently described one such platform – Elgg: it’s a community effort : Another platform that I have used since its early days is Elgg , an open source social networking platform that attracted me because of its unique underlying model.
GEORGE SIEMENS [eLgg, Productivity] Rejected: On being disappointed, sorta
| FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2012
The platform will be based on the open source ELGG
tool and will include customization to reflect personalized learning content as well as advanced analytics on learner behaviour. Learning, technology and design: Architectures for productive
networked learning. have never really bothered to validate that claim). still don’t. MORE >>
- [eLgg, Productivity] Hard is Easy, Soft is Hard
Online education is not a progression to a new era at all” but rather a return to the mass production
era. changes things – like Elgg
, it is a plug-in based environment, so your Moodle 2.0 Partial summary of presentation by Terry Anderson and George Siemens of Jon Dron's preconference workshop. What is a technology? We see this online. MORE >>
STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR [eLgg, Productivity] E-Learning Generations
| SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2012
The same vendors thatsold these tools - companies like Microsoft and Adobe - sold web production
andviewing tools. LMSs were firmly entrenched in the world of content production
, and toa lesser extent the world of networked communication. These generations span more than a 20-year period. But the online games were much moreopen-ended. MORE >>
- [eLgg, Productivity] The Role of Open Educational Resources in Personal Learning
And so you can make all your products
line up with thestandards, and everybody else has to wait until IMS formally releases them. There’s Elgg
, which isan open source social network software for learning, Atutor, LAMS (LearningActivity Management System), and more types of software are available aSchoolforge. No problem at all. Not so. MORE >>
- [eLgg, Productivity] Beyond Institutions Personal Learning in a Networked World
Learning needs to be an exploration and a discovery, not the output of predefined, standardized products
. Ben Werdmuller, with Dave Tosh, built a thing called Elgg
a while back, which is now widely respected as a social networking environment for learning. That''s how you start a broadcast, with dead air. Quick mike check. Interesting. MORE >>
- [eLgg, Productivity] New Technology Supporting Informal Learning STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR | SATURDAY, APRIL 25, 2009
- [eLgg, Productivity] The Learning Layer – Review HAROLD JARCHE | THURSDAY, JULY 29, 2010
- [eLgg, Productivity] Making Software, Making Money STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR | SATURDAY, MARCH 3, 2007
- [eLgg, Productivity] May – June 15 Great Ones JAY CROSS'S INFORMAL LEARNING | MONDAY, JUNE 14, 2010
- [eLgg, Productivity] E-Learning: Générations STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR | SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2012
- [eLgg, Productivity] Stager, Logo and Web 2.0 STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 4, 2007
- [eLgg, Productivity] Connectivism and Transculturality STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR | SUNDAY, MAY 16, 2010
- [eLgg, Productivity] Edge Perspectives with John Hagel: Complacency and Web 2.0 JOHN HAGEL | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 11, 2007
- [eLgg, Productivity] So many thoughts, so little time JAY CROSS | MONDAY, JULY 6, 2009
- [eLgg, Productivity] Education, Technology and Myth STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR | SUNDAY, AUGUST 27, 2006