| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| || | HAROLD JARCHE
JUNE 21, 2010 [Ning, Open Source] Introduction to Social Networking
As our Work Literacy Ning site (2008) is in danger of getting bumped off the Net due to Ning’s new pricing policy , I will post some of the key articles here so we don’t lose them. As a learning professional, you will want to think of Ning in two ways. cannot do that with Gmail or Skype or Ning.
| || || |
| || | HAROLD JARCHE
MARCH 29, 2010 [Ning, Open Source] Elgg: it’s a community effort
This weekend I noticed a tweet from Alec Couros about some issues with the Ning social networking platform. That post is over a year old but from the comments as late as last fall, there seem to be ongoing issues on how Ning treats its customers, users and their data. So what is the alternative to Ning?
| | TONY KARRER
APRIL 7, 2009 [Ning, Open Source] Top 100 eLearning Items
Bryan Chapman Tips for facilitators in Ning The ‘Least Assistance’ Principle No more excuses for poor e-learning content eLearning Defined eLearning Technology. Using eLearning Learning , I thought it would be interesting to go look what it thinks are some of the top items of all time. Learning 2.0 - The Things How we read online.
| || || || |
TONY KARRER [Ning, Open Source] Web 2.0 Applications in Learning
| MONDAY, MARCH 3, 2008
Then, maybe open
it up to subject matter experts. Wouldn't you rather have it out in the open
up editing slowly. Last week I presented a session at ASTD TechKnowledge entitled eLearning 2.0 - Applications and Implications. It could just as easily have been called Web 2.0 Applications in Learning. Provide the content. MORE >>
HAROLD JARCHE [Ning, Open Source] DIY is here
| TUESDAY, JUNE 29, 2010
was wildly popular as a DIY online community builder, but that business model did not seem to work. Open source
Elgg may replace Ning
with a non locked-in platform, but its success remains to be seen. YouTube is a quick and easy way to get “learning objects” to the world. Has anything changed? Timing is everything. MORE >>
HAROLD JARCHE [Ning, Open Source] What tools should we learn?
| TUESDAY, JUNE 1, 2010
— Tony also asked that suggested resources be provided, so here are some, copied from our Work Literacy Ning
site (2008), that is in danger of getting bumped off the Net due to Ning
’s new pricing policy. Blogging is my main source
of learning,” she says. Social Bookmarks. Enter the social bookmark. Blogs. link]. MORE >>
JANE HART'S PICK OF THE DAY [Ning, Open Source] My year in review
| WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 30, 2009
learning environment, using the open source
social engine, Elgg, I decided to open
up. themselves and their online presence: their blog, website, Twitter account(s), as well as the social networks (like Facebook, LinkedIn and Ning
) where they can. Meantime no new accounts can be opened
. JANUARY 2009. MARCH 2009. MORE >>
- [Ning, Open Source] Collaboration Platform 1: Elgg
Elgg is a free, open source
social engine that lets you create a social environment / collaboration platform. How does it compare with Facebook and Ning
? AS Elgg is intended as an enterprise-wide tool, it is more sophisticated than Facebook or Ning
. HJ: LMS is no longer the centre of the universe. members. MORE >>
- [Ning, Open Source] Beta, data and more HAROLD JARCHE | FRIDAY, APRIL 2, 2010
- [Ning, Open Source] Seven Things I Learned This Year TONY KARRER | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2010
- [Ning, Open Source] New Technology Supporting Informal Learning STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR | SATURDAY, APRIL 25, 2009
- [Ning, Open Source] What Not To Build STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR | SUNDAY, JANUARY 4, 2009
- [Ning, Open Source] The Future of Online Learning: Ten Years On STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR | SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2008
- [Ning, Open Source] Make imperfect copies HAROLD JARCHE | MONDAY, APRIL 19, 2010
- [Ning, Open Source] Doc Searls Weblog · Thoughts on the writers strike DOC SEARLS | SATURDAY, JANUARY 5, 2008
- [Ning, Open Source] Edge Perspectives with John Hagel: Complacency and Web 2.0 JOHN HAGEL | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 11, 2007
- [Ning, Open Source] e-Clippings (Learning As Art): Federal Government Distributed Learning Association (FGDLA) MARK OEHLERT | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2007
- [Ning, Open Source] Selecting OS learning technology platforms HAROLD JARCHE | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 28, 2009
- [Ning, Open Source] Open source blogs and wikis, Words of Wisdom, Leadership Principles, 800 Pound Gorilla, Introduction to social network methods JON HUSBAND | TUESDAY, JUNE 10, 2008
Working Smarter Daily can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.