| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | HAROLD JARCHE
MARCH 29, 2010 Elgg: it’s a community effort
advise my clients that they should consider how important their data is to them before using software as a service (SaaS). Another platform that I have used since its early days is Elgg , an open source social networking platform that attracted me because of its unique underlying model. The Elgg community blog has more information.
| | HAROLD JARCHE
MAY 5, 2010 Identifying a collaboration platform
The real complexity should come out of the emergent work, not the software. I recently described one such platform – Elgg: it’s a community effort : Another platform that I have used since its early days is Elgg , an open source social networking platform that attracted me because of its unique underlying model.
| || || |
| | GEORGE SIEMENS
JULY 10, 2011 Google+ – fundamental misunderstanding of networks?
Within our research on social network software at Athabasca University (the Elgg-based The Landing ), we (mainly Jon Dron, actually) have been looking at ways to create different representations of activity streams to meet the needs of different contexts. I’ve been playing around with Google+. Yes, I’ll remember that.
| | JANE HART'S PICK OF THE DAY
APRIL 17, 2010 115 Social networking and collaboration spaces
wrote a blog posting on my Social Media in Learning blog about how I thought Elgg might be a good alternative. enterprise collaboration platforms (like Elgg). You may find my comparison of Facebook, Ning and Elgg a useful resource when considering all the factors involved - to ensure you don't jump out of the frying pan.
| || | TONY KARRER
APRIL 28, 2008 100 eLearning Articles and White Papers
re a new brEEd Still new on campus, social software tools can support students and staff beyond the classroom, reaching around the world for learning and communication 17. We Learning, Part II Second part of an interesting article - We Learning: Social Software and E-Learning, Part II. just reached 100. Thought I'd share. Web 2.0:
| || || || |
TONY KARRER Where are open source learning applications?
| FRIDAY, JULY 28, 2006
Finally, I'm not really sure that asking about open source right now is as relevant as asking about free software
as a service (SaaS) models. Good post by Harold Jarche - Where are open source learning applications? So, we should naturally expect to see open source solutions emerge where we see relatively stable feature sets. MORE >>
- New Technology Supporting Informal Learning
This paper described experimentation in the development of distributed online courses and in software
- particularly, the personal learning environment - that support the formation of connections between the far-flung pieces of such courses. gRSShopper is available as free and open source software
for public download. Akili, G. 2007). MORE >>
GEORGE SIEMENS I need some help
| FRIDAY, JANUARY 27, 2012
But I benefit daily from open source software
– my blogs are wordpress, the server that hosts my sites runs LAMP, at work I use ELGG
( the Landing ), for open courses we use gRSShopper , etc. Have we glorified open-source software
, free information and collective work at the expense of individual creativity? MORE >>
- The Role of Open Educational Resources in Personal Learning
Well, there’s Richard Stallman and the traditionaldefinition of open source as four elements (Stallman, 1994): - Freedom to run the software
- Freedom to study the software
- Freedom to distribute the software
- Freedom to modify the software
. No problem at all. So don’t feelinhibited from sharing this stuff. And so on. MORE >>
STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR E-Learning Generations
| SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2012
Theprocess of connecting was involved and complex, requiring the use of modems andspecial software
. Commercial software
came into existence, including both operatingsystems and application programs such as spreadsheets, word processors, anddatabase tools. is social software
. These generations span more than a 20-year period. MORE >>
- Stager, Logo and Web 2.0 STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 4, 2007
- My blog postings and bookmarks this week JANE HART'S PICK OF THE DAY | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2009
- Beta, data and more HAROLD JARCHE | FRIDAY, APRIL 2, 2010
- Elgg on Blackboard’s face DONALD CLARK PLAN B | THURSDAY, APRIL 19, 2007
- Moodle Course Conversion JAY CROSS'S INFORMAL LEARNING | WEDNESDAY, MAY 27, 2009
- Using Elgg as as Social Learning platform JANE HART'S PICK OF THE DAY | SATURDAY, MAY 2, 2009
- Explode STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR | SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2007
- Making Software, Making Money STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR | SATURDAY, MARCH 3, 2007
- Open Source Business Model TONY KARRER | MONDAY, MARCH 5, 2007
- Facebook Platform TONY KARRER | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2007
Working Smarter Daily can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.