| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | HAROLD JARCHE
MARCH 29, 2010 Elgg: it’s a community effort
Another platform that I have used since its early days is Elgg , an open source social networking platform that attracted me because of its unique underlying model. We started using Elgg for an online medical community of practice in 2004 after going through dozens of platforms. The Elgg community blog has more information.
| | HAROLD JARCHE
MARCH 12, 2009 Sense-making with PKM
The Web has given us more ways to connect with others in our learning but many people only see the information overload aspect of our digital society.
| || || |
| | HAROLD JARCHE
JUNE 21, 2010 Introduction to Social Networking
Facebook was originally developed for college students to connect, so it has a more informal, social air than you find on LinkedIn. We are operating this class on the Ning platform [the description of how we used Ning still pertains to other social networking platforms such as Elgg or Grou.ps ]. Introduction to Social Networking.
| | JAY CROSS
JULY 6, 2009 So many thoughts, so little time
The top posts from sources selected for Informal Learning Flow in the first six months of 2009: Work on Stuff that Matters: First Principles - OReilly Radar , January 11, 2009. Ten years after - Informal Learning , January 10, 2009. Using Elgg as as Social Learning platform , May 2, 2009. Tags: Informal Learning
| | STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR
APRIL 25, 2009 New Technology Supporting Informal Learning
This work, in turn, is suggesting and supporting the model of learning described in the first section, that of a course network supporting and informing an ever-shifting set of course episodes. This is the basis for the models and strategies that characterize what has come to be called informal learning. Why is this necessary? 2007).
| | GEORGE SIEMENS
MAY 30, 2011 Information: What am I missing?
What can we do now with information that we could not do in the past? In this case, the “something new is the ways in which new tools allow us to mess around with information. What can we do with information that I’ve overlooked? Create information and easily. information. Information splicing.
| || || || |
HAROLD JARCHE The Learning Layer – Review
| THURSDAY, JULY 29, 2010
Even without a full product comparison, I would say that several other platforms, including open source Elgg
or Drupal can do much of this. Tags: Books Informal
Learning Wirearchy Learning has been the traditional realm of HR while most systems are supported by IT. Flinn goes on to explain that Web 2.0 BRP & ERP. MORE >>
HAROLD JARCHE DIY is here
| TUESDAY, JUNE 29, 2010
Over three years ago I wrote that the future of learning is DIY : With Google you can find most information
that you need. This is the power of informal
learning, if organisations decide to enable it. Open source Elgg
may replace Ning with a non locked-in platform, but its success remains to be seen. Has anything changed? MORE >>
HAROLD JARCHE Identifying a collaboration platform
| WEDNESDAY, MAY 5, 2010
Here are some examples: Use blogs to replace group e-mails so that information
can be updated on a given subject/topic. We started using Elgg
for an online medical community of practice in 2004 after going through dozens of platforms. The key differentiator of Elgg
is that the individual [worker] is the centre of all the action. MORE >>
JANE HART From “learning technologies” to “social technologies”
| THURSDAY, JUNE 14, 2012
We also know that this informal
, social learning accounts for 80% or more of how people learn in the workplace, so it is not something to be dismissed as irrelevant or trivial. These might be proprietary systems like Jive , Podio , Yammer , Socialcast , or open source software, like WordPress / Buddypress or Elgg
. Member profiling. MORE >>
- What is the future of the LMS?
moving from creating content-based e-learning to informal
and social learning, the LMS is still seen as the main learning system within an. is needed is a organisational system that SUPPORTS and ENABLES this informal
approach to learning. informal
learning; it then just becomes formal, managed learning! database. MORE >>
- My year in review JANE HART'S PICK OF THE DAY | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 30, 2009
- 195 posts about MOOCs JAY CROSS | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 19, 2013
- 100 eLearning Articles and White Papers TONY KARRER | MONDAY, APRIL 28, 2008
- May – June 15 Great Ones JAY CROSS'S INFORMAL LEARNING | MONDAY, JUNE 14, 2010
- I need some help GEORGE SIEMENS | FRIDAY, JANUARY 27, 2012
- Weekly roundup of my online activity JANE HART'S PICK OF THE DAY | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2009
- Rejected: On being disappointed, sorta GEORGE SIEMENS | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2012
- 2010 in Review Part 1: Top 10 C4LPT resources JANE HART'S PICK OF THE DAY | MONDAY, DECEMBER 20, 2010
- Stager, Logo and Web 2.0 STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 4, 2007
- E-Learning Generations STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR | SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2012
- Connectivism and Transculturality STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR | SUNDAY, MAY 16, 2010
- The Role of Open Educational Resources in Personal Learning STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR | SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2011
- A Guide to Social Learning JANE HART'S PICK OF THE DAY | SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2009
- Beta, data and more HAROLD JARCHE | FRIDAY, APRIL 2, 2010
- E-Learning: Générations STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR | SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2012
- TTI Vanguard Conference Notes - 6 STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2010
- Harold Jarche » Open Source LMS HAROLD JARCHE | SUNDAY, JUNE 25, 2006
- Supporting formal and informal social learning JANE HART'S PICK OF THE DAY | SATURDAY, JUNE 13, 2009
- eLearning Learning - Best of May TONY KARRER | MONDAY, JUNE 8, 2009
- Moodle Course Conversion JAY CROSS'S INFORMAL LEARNING | WEDNESDAY, MAY 27, 2009
- Desire2Learn Mobile FLV - eLearning from Last Week TONY KARRER | TUESDAY, MAY 12, 2009
- A closer look at using a social media platform. JANE HART'S PICK OF THE DAY | SUNDAY, MAY 10, 2009
- Social Media Goals CLARK QUINN | THURSDAY, APRIL 2, 2009
- Education, Technology and Myth STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR | SUNDAY, AUGUST 27, 2006
- Explode STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR | SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2007
- Social Networks CLARK QUINN | SATURDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2008
- Facebook Platform TONY KARRER | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2007
Working Smarter Daily can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.