| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| || | HAROLD JARCHE
MARCH 29, 2010 [eLgg, Facebook] Elgg: it’s a community effort
While Ning may be free, it is not open source, and the company can make changes at will, just like Facebook, Google or Twitter may do. With Ning, Facebook and many others, there is no such export function. We started using Elgg for an online medical community of practice in 2004 after going through dozens of platforms.
| || || |
| | GEORGE SIEMENS
MAY 6, 2010 [eLgg, Facebook] The Importance of Elgg in the Future of Learning
When I survey the landscape of educational tools, I come to the following conclusion: Elgg is the most important tool, currently available, in shaping the future of learning. Disclaimer: I was on an advisory board for Elgg when it first started, though the board never really did much, but I mention it now so it looks like I might be cool).
| | GEORGE SIEMENS
JULY 10, 2011 [eLgg, Facebook] Google+ – fundamental misunderstanding of networks?
Within our research on social network software at Athabasca University (the Elgg-based The Landing ), we (mainly Jon Dron, actually) have been looking at ways to create different representations of activity streams to meet the needs of different contexts. “I’m gsiemens on Facebook and Twitter. Facebook gets this.
| | GEORGE SIEMENS
MAY 30, 2011 [eLgg, Facebook] Information: What am I missing?
sites, Diigo, central tools such as Disqus, Facebook Connect. Landing (Elgg), Twitter, Facebook. What can we do now with information that we could not do in the past? In this case, the “something new is the ways in which new tools allow us to mess around with information. What am I missing? Possibilities. Description.
| | HAROLD JARCHE
JUNE 21, 2010 [eLgg, Facebook] Introduction to Social Networking
There are several different online social networks, but for our purposes, we’ll focus on the three that tend to be used the most by learning professionals–Facebook, LinkedIn and Ning. It is more “buttoned-down” than Facebook with a more formal culture of relationships and connections. How to Grow a Facebook Network.
| || || || |
JANE HART'S PICK OF THE DAY [eLgg, Facebook] C4LPT Guide to Social Learning
| TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 24, 2009
Comparison of Facebook
, Ning. &Elgg
. I recently did quite a bit of updating of the C4LPT Guide to Social Learning, so thought it was worth posting about it again here. Here's the contents list: Introduction. From e-learning to social learning. What is social media? Examples. of social. media in learning. Social. Social media and. MORE >>
JANE HART'S PICK OF THE DAY [eLgg, Facebook] 115 Social networking and collaboration spaces
| SATURDAY, APRIL 17, 2010
wrote a blog posting on my Social Media in Learning blog about how I thought Elgg
might be a good alternative. public social networks (like Facebook
). enterprise collaboration platforms (like Elgg
). Following Techcrunch's posting on Thursday, Ning's bubble bursts. In this list you will find. group and small community spaces. MORE >>
JANE HART'S PICK OF THE DAY [eLgg, Facebook] Building a social learning environment
| WEDNESDAY, MARCH 17, 2010
I've written quite a lot about this subject on my website, but here I am going to approach it slightly differently and focus on is how you can create an open, learner-autonomy-supportive social environment using 4 different platforms: Twitter, Facebook
, Ning & Elgg
. At 11.30 Below is the presentations slideset. MORE >>
- [eLgg, Facebook] What is the future of the LMS?
In fact, Jane Bozarth, on 21 March 2010, commenting on a posting, Facebook
vs the LMS on Mark Oehlert's eClippings. as open source systems like Elgg
and Liferay - there's something for every budget. The Learning Management System has been with us for just 10 years or. delivering e-learning in an organisation. MORE >>
JANE HART'S PICK OF THE DAY [eLgg, Facebook] My year in review
| WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 30, 2009
learning environment, using the open source social engine, Elgg
, I decided to open up. my own Elgg
platform for learning professionals to try out. themselves and their online presence: their blog, website, Twitter account(s), as well as the social networks (like Facebook
, LinkedIn and Ning) where they can. All things Elgg
. MORE >>
- [eLgg, Facebook] Top 100 Tools for Learning: The Final List JANE HART'S PICK OF THE DAY | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2009
- [eLgg, Facebook] Sense-making with PKM HAROLD JARCHE | THURSDAY, MARCH 12, 2009
- [eLgg, Facebook] New Technology Supporting Informal Learning STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR | SATURDAY, APRIL 25, 2009
- [eLgg, Facebook] May – June 15 Great Ones JAY CROSS'S INFORMAL LEARNING | MONDAY, JUNE 14, 2010
- [eLgg, Facebook] What I've been doing this week JANE HART'S PICK OF THE DAY | SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, 2009
- [eLgg, Facebook] DIY is here HAROLD JARCHE | TUESDAY, JUNE 29, 2010
- [eLgg, Facebook] My blog postings and bookmarks this week JANE HART'S PICK OF THE DAY | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2009
- [eLgg, Facebook] So many thoughts, so little time JAY CROSS | MONDAY, JULY 6, 2009
- [eLgg, Facebook] My blog postings and bookmarks this week JANE HART'S PICK OF THE DAY | SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2009
- [eLgg, Facebook] 2010 in Review Part 1: Top 10 C4LPT resources JANE HART'S PICK OF THE DAY | MONDAY, DECEMBER 20, 2010
- [eLgg, Facebook] E-Learning Generations STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR | SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2012
- [eLgg, Facebook] Stager, Logo and Web 2.0 STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 4, 2007
- [eLgg, Facebook] Beta, data and more HAROLD JARCHE | FRIDAY, APRIL 2, 2010
- [eLgg, Facebook] E-Learning: Générations STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR | SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2012
- [eLgg, Facebook] TTI Vanguard Conference Notes - 6 STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2010
- [eLgg, Facebook] This week's blog postings and bookmarks JANE HART'S PICK OF THE DAY | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2009
- [eLgg, Facebook] Edge Perspectives with John Hagel: Complacency and Web 2.0 JOHN HAGEL | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 11, 2007
- [eLgg, Facebook] Learning Conference, London, June 2009 JANE HART'S PICK OF THE DAY | TUESDAY, APRIL 14, 2009
- [eLgg, Facebook] Making Software, Making Money STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR | SATURDAY, MARCH 3, 2007
- [eLgg, Facebook] Social Networks CLARK QUINN | SATURDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2008
- [eLgg, Facebook] Too Many Social Networks? TONY KARRER | FRIDAY, MARCH 30, 2007
- [eLgg, Facebook] Facebook Platform TONY KARRER | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2007
Working Smarter Daily can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.