| || |
| | STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR
MARCH 20, 2007 Why the Semantic Web Will Fail
Don't get too excited by the title. But I do want to share a few thoughts. It was running through my head just now, the work that we were doing here in Moncton to work on an e-learning cluster. And I was thinking about some of the things that didn't go so well in our first few years. The whole Web 2.0 thing. And they weren't interested. Can't work.
| || | TONY KARRER
MARCH 21, 2007 Web 2.0 Tools in the Enterprise
I first saw Andrew McAffee's post on uses of Web 2.0 approaches inside of corporations - quite good at identifying some different patterns. Then I saw Bill Ives Is Blogging Inside the Firewall an Oxymoron? The first uses of Wikis is as an easier content management system that houses reference material. It's easier than RoboInfo.
| || || || |
STEVEN BERLIN JOHNSON stevenberlinjohnson.com: AppleTV and HDTV
| THURSDAY, MARCH 22, 2007
So my AppleTV arrived this morning and of course I dropped everything to spend an hour or two setting it up and messing around. First quick impression: it's a lovely product, and absolutely fills an important hole in our media MORE >>
HAROLD JARCHE Harold Jarche » Homework is the result of poor time management
| SATURDAY, MARCH 17, 2007
Dan Meyer is a mathematics teacher who doesn't believe in the value of homework for homework's sake. His argument is quite clear. If the teacher is organised, then instruction and practice can be completed in class MORE >>
IRVING WLADAWSKY-BERGER Irving Wladawsky-Berger: GIO 3.0 - The 2007 Global Innovation Outlook
| MONDAY, MARCH 19, 2007
A couple of weeks ago we kicked off GIO 3.0 with back-to-back meetings in New York City, one of which I was the host for. The Global Innovation Outlook is an experiment that we started in 2004 to help us better surface new and MORE >>
DONALD CLARK PLAN B Mobile phone novels
| WEDNESDAY, MARCH 21, 2007
Rankin rubbishes m-novels I once asked Ian Rankin (question at a literary event) if he would ever consider publishing on the internet , even mobile phones. He thought it a 'daft and disgusting' idea. But it may not be as daft as he thinks. Book sales have been falling in Japan but ‘ keitai bukai ’, mobile phone novels are doing a roaring trade. MORE >>
JOHN HAGEL Edge Perspectives with John Hagel: Unsafe Harbors for Viacom and Google
| SUNDAY, MARCH 18, 2007
the blogosphere has been engaged all week about the $1 billion viacom suit against google. even for jaded media and technology executives, $1 billion can still get attention. unfortunately, most of the commentary seems to be missing the MORE >>
- Harold Jarche » Value Network Analysis Resources HAROLD JARCHE | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 21, 2007
- Irving Wladawsky-Berger: The Golden Rule IRVING WLADAWSKY-BERGER | FRIDAY, MARCH 23, 2007
- Web 2.0 - who's doing what? DONALD CLARK PLAN B | MONDAY, MARCH 19, 2007
- Learning Matters! » Virtual Worlds Going Mainstream! TONY O'DRISCOLL | THURSDAY, MARCH 22, 2007
- Semantic Web - Some Responses STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR | THURSDAY, MARCH 22, 2007
- International eLearning Usage Pattern Differences TONY KARRER | TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2007
- Turtles and Fruit flies DONALD CLARK PLAN B | SUNDAY, MARCH 18, 2007
- BBC Jam, £75 million for what? DONALD CLARK PLAN B | SATURDAY, MARCH 17, 2007
- Brandon Hall Researchers Blogging - Implications? TONY KARRER | TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2007
- Missed one Brandon Hall Blogger TONY KARRER | TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2007
- Informal Learning and New Managers - Nothing? TONY KARRER | THURSDAY, MARCH 22, 2007
- Second Life and Learning - Tony O'Driscoll TONY KARRER | FRIDAY, MARCH 23, 2007
Working Smarter Daily can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.