| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| || || |
| || || |
| | DOC SEARLS
MAY 19, 2013 What can people do with data that companies alone can’t?
'After six years on the VRM case, it seems obvious to me that individuals need to be the points of integration for their own data — and of data about them, held by companies. You could present that data to your insurance company or health care provider to get better rates and services from both. Retail. Media usage. Count on it.
| | ANDY MCAFEE
NOVEMBER 10, 2010 ‘Social Business’ is Past Retirement Age
The single biggest group of books and articles we read, though, had to do with business as a social system. So here’s my response: If you’re saying that people are important, that businesses are inherently social systems and that social dynamics matter for performance, your insight is about 80 years old. In the 2.0
| || | DAVID WEINBERGER
JANUARY 22, 2013 Lotus Notes isn’t as hot a product as it used to be
Dylan writes: I used it extensively at several companies I worked with. Today, we’d call it a collaboration tool or a corporate social-media tool, and it would be web-based and standards-compliant, like Yammer, Jive, and Huddle. Initially, it was mysterious and powerful. It had its quirks, but it worked. Eventually. Brilliant idea.
| || || || |
DAN PONTEFRACT Why Don’t You Have an Internal YouTube Video Sharing Service?
| MONDAY, MAY 16, 2011
think Patriot Act if you’re not an American company
– whether right or wrong ). Technology has more to do with whether an organization has the video sharing system
in place in the first place and the wherewithal to fund such a system
for its employees, be it internally or on the cloud if they don’t. security. MORE >>
JAY CROSS What Universities Must Learn About Social Networks
| SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2012
Harvard Business Review, Forbes, and Fast Company
say collaboration and collective intelligence are the engines of innovation. McKinsey & Company
reports that implementing social business creates: Improved business performance (profit, productivity, margins, etc). Students everywhere joke about pre-historic systems
. MORE >>
ROSS DAWSON Yammer and why activity streams are a key foundation for integrated applications and organizations
| MONDAY, MARCH 26, 2012
Tibbr put activity streams squarely on the map, by integrating status messages from people with notifications generated by enterprise software including ERP, CRM, and HR systems
. Yammer is now playing in the activity stream space, putting itself forward as a horizontal layer that ties together a wide variety of enterprise software systems
. MORE >>
TONY KARRER Web 2.0 Applications in Learning
| MONDAY, MARCH 3, 2008
There were about 7 examples mentioned including Intuit using a Wiki-like system
for customers to ask questions/get advice around taxes, using a group blog with students prior to a formal learning event, the US Army's use of collaboration tools to share best practices in Iraq, and several others. It could just as easily have been called Web 2.0 MORE >>
DAWN OF LEARNING Is There a Better Way to Social Learning?
| WEDNESDAY, JULY 21, 2010
Augment their systems
with components that provide opportunities for people to interact in social systems
for informal learning. When this happens, the LMS will move past somewhat of a marginalized view to something that is more systemic
and more broadly leveraged across the organization. Home About Podcasts Videos Xyleme Inc. MORE >>
- Will the carriers body-snatch the Net with HTML5? DOC SEARLS | SATURDAY, AUGUST 18, 2012
- Dear Mr. Machado – A Few Connected Learning Options for You DAN PONTEFRACT | SUNDAY, MAY 29, 2011
- Evening Beer Notes DOC SEARLS | THURSDAY, APRIL 16, 2009
- Business or Pleasure? - why not both: Enterprise 2.0: The Prodigal. MARTIJN LINSSEN | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2010
- Cookies for Kiddies DOC SEARLS | SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2010
- Futures of the Internet DOC SEARLS | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 10, 2010
- Five Myths of Social Learning DAWN OF LEARNING | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2009
- Opening new common ground DOC SEARLS | SATURDAY, JULY 31, 2010
- Beyond caveat emptor DOC SEARLS | MONDAY, AUGUST 30, 2010
- From Machine to Organism … JON HUSBAND | TUESDAY, MARCH 24, 2009
- Google Embraces the Dark Side STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR | MONDAY, JULY 2, 2007
- Open source blogs and wikis, Words of Wisdom, Leadership Principles, 800 Pound Gorilla, Introduction to social network methods JON HUSBAND | TUESDAY, JUNE 10, 2008
Working Smarter Daily can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.