| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| || || |
| || || |
| || | GEORGE SIEMENS
JULY 30, 2011 Losing interest in social media: there is no there there
After recreating my online social network ( largely based on blogs from early 2000) in Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, and Quora, G+ was a chore. I’ve been blogging since 2000 and can attribute a numerous positives to this activity: I was hired at University of Manitoba because of my blog and bi-weekly newsletter.
| | GEORGE SIEMENS
JULY 10, 2011 Google+ – fundamental misunderstanding of networks?
Yes, I likely respond to a small cluster of blogs and tweets that I encounter. I’ve been playing around with Google+. As others have stated, it’s Google’s best foray into social networking. It’s an impressive product, defined by Google’s typical clean interface. Yes, I’ll remember that. Facebook gets this.
| | GEORGE SIEMENS
MARCH 5, 2012 MOOCs for the win!
Massive open online courses, or MOOCs, are getting attention on various blogs and news sites. I’ll try and synthesize the conversation over the last few weeks and describe the role of MOOCs in education. The goal is to ensure a high quality learning experience to anyone with sufficient technical ability and access to the Internet.
| || || || |
GEORGE SIEMENS Negating the learner in the learning process
| SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 3, 2013
Fortunately, a majority of learners participated on their own blog
, so they still have their own contributions. Some of the coherence of the course could be discovered just by reading through the blog
posts. Get a blog
folks. Yesterday, a Coursera course was closed after the first week of delivery. Up till 4am every night. MORE >>
GEORGE SIEMENS Information: What am I missing?
| MONDAY, MAY 30, 2011
, wikis, image sharing. What can we do now with information that we could not do in the past? I’ve abused Kauffman’s concept of the adjacent possible by applying it to the new opportunities, untapped potential, and levels of complexity, that arise with the development of something new. What am I missing? Possibilities. Embed. MORE >>
GEORGE SIEMENS Never teach alone
| WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 29, 2012
In the late 90′s/early 2000′s, while at Red River College, I found the biggest benefit of blogging
was that I could connect with others who were exploring edtech and new pedagogies. Teaching is a solitary profession. Educators need to get past the isolating view of teaching as a one-to-many activity. MORE >>
GEORGE SIEMENS A few simple tools I want edu-startups to build
| SUNDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2011
Sure, let’s fire up SPSS load some economic data, compare that with sentiment analysis in both traditional and social media, and then output a visualization on our blogs
. What he’s doing today will be prominent in edtech in a few years (if his early work with OLE (LMS), blogging
, RSS, learning 2.0 Or apps. gRSShopper. MORE >>
GEORGE SIEMENS Rioting in an age of transparency
| FRIDAY, JUNE 17, 2011
The Vancouver Canucks Riot is a surprisingly well documented event – probably one of the best documented riots in history thanks to tweets, images, videos, and blog
posts. I’ve never had the need or occasion to participate in a riot. These few images capture, and skew, what really happened. Things have changed. MORE >>
- PLE: connectivist or constructivist GEORGE SIEMENS | WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2010
- Rejected: On being disappointed, sorta GEORGE SIEMENS | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2012
- The best learning of my life GEORGE SIEMENS | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2012
- Distributed research lab: request for feedback GEORGE SIEMENS | THURSDAY, APRIL 5, 2012
- Online University Education in Canada GEORGE SIEMENS | SATURDAY, JANUARY 21, 2012
- More facebook GEORGE SIEMENS | FRIDAY, MAY 7, 2010
- Innovation in Education: Companies outside of USA? GEORGE SIEMENS | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2012
- Humbleness and thanks GEORGE SIEMENS | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2011
- Writing a book: xEducation GEORGE SIEMENS | MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2012
- Restructured relationships: the theatrics of social media GEORGE SIEMENS | THURSDAY, AUGUST 19, 2010
- Connectivism and Connective Knowledge: CCK11 GEORGE SIEMENS | FRIDAY, JANUARY 14, 2011
- Learning Analytics 2011: Reflections GEORGE SIEMENS | FRIDAY, MARCH 11, 2011
- Audrey Watters is officially awesome GEORGE SIEMENS | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2011
- The Importance of Elgg in the Future of Learning GEORGE SIEMENS | THURSDAY, MAY 6, 2010
- I need some help GEORGE SIEMENS | FRIDAY, JANUARY 27, 2012
- Social Media Use in Higher Education GEORGE SIEMENS | WEDNESDAY, MAY 5, 2010
- Moodlemoot – Canada 2011 GEORGE SIEMENS | MONDAY, MARCH 14, 2011
- A survey of powerful visualization techniques, from the obvious to the obscure GEORGE SIEMENS | FRIDAY, MAY 21, 2010
- Networked Learning Conference GEORGE SIEMENS | TUESDAY, MAY 18, 2010
- The value of critique GEORGE SIEMENS | SUNDAY, MAY 16, 2010
- Personal Learning Environments & Knowledge GEORGE SIEMENS | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2010
- Amazon gives its future a black eye GEORGE SIEMENS | MONDAY, APRIL 25, 2011
Working Smarter Daily can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.