| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | GEORGE SIEMENS
MAY 6, 2010 [Blog, eLgg] The Importance of Elgg in the Future of Learning
When I survey the landscape of educational tools, I come to the following conclusion: Elgg is the most important tool, currently available, in shaping the future of learning. Disclaimer: I was on an advisory board for Elgg when it first started, though the board never really did much, but I mention it now so it looks like I might be cool).
| | HAROLD JARCHE
MARCH 29, 2010 [Blog, eLgg] Elgg: it’s a community effort
It is also simple to export from WordPress.com SaaS to your own open source hosted version, which is why I strongly advise clients to use WordPress for blogging. Another platform that I have used since its early days is Elgg , an open source social networking platform that attracted me because of its unique underlying model.
| | GEORGE SIEMENS
JULY 10, 2011 [Blog, eLgg] Google+ – fundamental misunderstanding of networks?
Within our research on social network software at Athabasca University (the Elgg-based The Landing ), we (mainly Jon Dron, actually) have been looking at ways to create different representations of activity streams to meet the needs of different contexts. Yes, I likely respond to a small cluster of blogs and tweets that I encounter.
| | GEORGE SIEMENS
MAY 30, 2011 [Blog, eLgg] Information: What am I missing?
Blogs, wikis, image sharing. Landing (Elgg), Twitter, Facebook. In this case, the “something new is the ways in which new tools allow us to mess around with information. I’ve compiled a list of nine attributes or new possibilities that new technologies, especially the internet, enable. What am I missing? Possibilities.
| | HAROLD JARCHE
MAY 5, 2010 [Blog, eLgg] Identifying a collaboration platform
Here are some examples: Use blogs to replace group e-mails so that information can be updated on a given subject/topic. Adopt presence tools (IM, micro-blogging) so you know who is doing what in the organization. We started using Elgg for an online medical community of practice in 2004 after going through dozens of platforms.
GEORGE SIEMENS [Blog, eLgg] I need some help
| FRIDAY, JANUARY 27, 2012
But I benefit daily from open source software – my blogs
are wordpress, the server that hosts my sites runs LAMP, at work I use ELGG
( the Landing ), for open courses we use gRSShopper , etc. On February 8, I’ll be delivering a talk at TEDxEdmonton’s event Rethinking Open Source Culture. MORE >>
TONY KARRER [Blog, eLgg] Product Vendor Blogs - Where are They?
| TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 13, 2007
One thing that just dawned on me is how few product vendor blogs
there are in eLearning. If you look on my link roll, there's one from Articulate, elgg
, ummm. Where's a blog
from Saba, SumTotal? Another thought just occurred to me based on my last post Innovation Geography Based and Innovation in eLearning. How about Lectora? MORE >>
HAROLD JARCHE [Blog, eLgg] Sense-making with PKM
| THURSDAY, MARCH 12, 2009
Web tools to help us go public include micro-blogging
and podcasts. Micro-blogging
(OS). My annotated bookmarks and my blog
are the first places I search when I have an article or report to write. We may learn on our own but usually not by ourselves. People learn socially. Categorize. MORE >>
GEORGE SIEMENS [Blog, eLgg] Rejected: On being disappointed, sorta
| FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2012
In early 2000, I also started blogging
and eventually set up this site. find conference presentations, blogging
, open courses, and interactions online much more satisfying. The hospitality field is very hard, however, on families and relationships as it consumes an enormous amount of time. It has been outstanding. still don’t. MORE >>
HAROLD JARCHE [Blog, eLgg] Introduction to Social Networking
| MONDAY, JUNE 21, 2010
We are operating this class on the Ning platform [the description of how we used Ning still pertains to other social networking platforms such as Elgg
or Grou.ps ]. It also offers great functionality, including allowing members to write blogs
and engage in forum discussions. Introduction to Social Networking. My only costs were labour. MORE >>
- [Blog, eLgg] 100 eLearning Articles and White Papers TONY KARRER | MONDAY, APRIL 28, 2008
- [Blog, eLgg] LearnTrends Live: Jane Hart JAY CROSS | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2009
- [Blog, eLgg] E-Learning Generations STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR | SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2012
- [Blog, eLgg] New Technology Supporting Informal Learning STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR | SATURDAY, APRIL 25, 2009
- [Blog, eLgg] Beyond Institutions Personal Learning in a Networked World STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR | SUNDAY, AUGUST 24, 2014
- [Blog, eLgg] Desire2Learn Mobile FLV - eLearning from Last Week TONY KARRER | TUESDAY, MAY 12, 2009
- [Blog, eLgg] Selecting OS learning technology platforms HAROLD JARCHE | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 28, 2009
- [Blog, eLgg] Facebook Platform TONY KARRER | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2007
- [Blog, eLgg] May – June 15 Great Ones JAY CROSS'S INFORMAL LEARNING | MONDAY, JUNE 14, 2010
- [Blog, eLgg] Explode STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR | SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2007
- [Blog, eLgg] Making Software, Making Money STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR | SATURDAY, MARCH 3, 2007
- [Blog, eLgg] Too Many Social Networks? TONY KARRER | FRIDAY, MARCH 30, 2007
- [Blog, eLgg] Stager, Logo and Web 2.0 STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 4, 2007
- [Blog, eLgg] Connectivism and Transculturality STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR | SUNDAY, MAY 16, 2010
- [Blog, eLgg] eLearning Learning - Best of May TONY KARRER | MONDAY, JUNE 8, 2009
- [Blog, eLgg] Edge Perspectives with John Hagel: Complacency and Web 2.0 JOHN HAGEL | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 11, 2007
- [Blog, eLgg] So many thoughts, so little time JAY CROSS | MONDAY, JULY 6, 2009
- [Blog, eLgg] Social Media Goals CLARK QUINN | THURSDAY, APRIL 2, 2009
- [Blog, eLgg] Education, Technology and Myth STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR | SUNDAY, AUGUST 27, 2006