| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR
NOVEMBER 12, 2007 [2002, 2006] Kirschner, Sweller, Clark (2006) - Summary
Thus, constructivism does not lead to a prescriptive instructional design theory. Note: I'm posting this as an example of a rigorous examination and deconstruction of an academic paper. Bruner, 1961; Papert, 1980; Steffe& Gale,1995). we are only conscious of information being processed in STM Two well-known characteristics: 1.
| | STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR
NOVEMBER 12, 2007 [2002, 2006] Kirschner, Sweller, Clark (2006) - Readings
2006). The past half-century of empirical research on this issue has provided overwhelming and unambiguous evidence that minimal guidance during instruction is significantly less effective and efficient than guidance specifically designed to support the cognitive processing necessary for learning. Kirschner et al (2006).
| || || |
| | BOB SUTTON
NOVEMBER 21, 2011 [2002, 2006] Strategy & Business Lists Hard Facts Among Decade's 10 Most.
Design school project teaches bike safety - The Stanford Daily Online. Tim Brown: Change by Design: How Design Thinking Transforms Organizations and Inspires Innovation. Bill Moggridge: Designing Interactions. Bob Sutton. About Subscribe to this blogs feed Email Me Follow Me @ work_matters. Book Me For A Speech. Search.
| || | STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR
APRIL 25, 2009 [2002, 2006] New Technology Supporting Informal Learning
The intent of such systems is to to facilitate the conversation and interaction around episodic learning events in a distributed environment, transforming them from elements in a linear flow-based design to free-floating objects in an environment. For example, a learning system called Company Command, designed by officers in the U.S.
| || || || |
STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR [2002, 2006] The Future of Online Learning: Ten Years On
| SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2008
Downes, 1998) At the time, I was working as a distance education and new media design
specialist at Assiniboine Community College, and I wrote the essay to defend the work I was doing at the time. Computer programs are being designed
to run in ‘virtual machines’ which can be carried from one hardware platform to another without adaptation. MORE >>
NANCY WHITE [2002, 2006] About Nancy White | Full Circle Associates
| FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, 2008
Technology steward, designer
and builder of online interaction spaces (events, teams, learning groups). tools and approaches and community and instructional design
. Strong emphasis on the design
, deployment and evaluation of productive online interaction spaces. Extensive work with “web 2.0” Coach others on these skills. Thanks. MORE >>
ADAPTIVE PATH [2002, 2006] UX Week. Now Ten Times Stronger.
| MONDAY, JULY 9, 2012
We started small, with a single two-day workshop in 2001 that we took on tour around the United States in 2002
. Along the way, we've been fortunate to host not only some of the world's top UX designers
, but fascinating people from a wide range of disciplines. Then there's the rest of our main stage lineup. MORE >>
STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR [2002, 2006] Groups vs Networks: The Class Struggle Continues
| SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 24, 2007
This is the transcript for the talk I gave September 28, 2006
, at e-Fest in Wellington, New Zealand. And we have technologies specifically designed
for the group, pre internet technologies appeal to the mass and you’re familiar with these – mass broadcasts of television, of radio, newspapers, books. Beta News, September 27, 2006
. MORE >>
NANCY WHITE [2002, 2006] How I use social media
| TUESDAY, AUGUST 4, 2009
Over the years, this initial online learning experience formed the roots of my practice as a designer
and facilitator of online learning events. As with online communities, learning communities benefit from facilitation, both formal and informal, designated
or spontaneous and self-generated. Online Community. It was life changing. MORE >>
- [2002, 2006] Innovation as a Journey into the Future IRVING WLADAWSKY-BERGER | WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 7, 2013
- [2002, 2006] About Nancy White | Full Circle Associates NANCY WHITE | FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, 2008
- [2002, 2006] About Nancy White | Full Circle Associates NANCY WHITE | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2008
- [2002, 2006] About Nancy White | Full Circle Associates NANCY WHITE | THURSDAY, JANUARY 14, 2010
- [2002, 2006] Coaching Should Be An Expectation Of All Connected Leaders DAN PONTEFRACT | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2013
- [2002, 2006] Have We Finally Entered a Fundamental Rupture With the Past ? JON HUSBAND | SUNDAY, MARCH 28, 2010
- [2002, 2006] How I use social media | Full Circle Associates NANCY WHITE | TUESDAY, AUGUST 4, 2009
- [2002, 2006] Google: "A place where it simply isn't efficient to act like an asshole. BOB SUTTON | THURSDAY, JANUARY 19, 2012
- [2002, 2006] [avignon] Forum d’Avignon intro, and second session DAVID WEINBERGER | FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 18, 2011
- [2002, 2006] The Modernization of the State IRVING WLADAWSKY-BERGER | FRIDAY, JUNE 17, 2011
- [2002, 2006] My City: trash anthropologist Robin Nagle talks garbage, New York City TED | THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2013
- [2002, 2006] New Study: When NBA Players Touch Teammates More, They and. BOB SUTTON | SUNDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2010
- [2002, 2006] Edge Perspectives with John Hagel: Detroit - The Pressure Mounts JOHN HAGEL | TUESDAY, JANUARY 3, 2006
- [2002, 2006] Managing Metadata with Resource Profiles STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR | FRIDAY, MARCH 26, 2010
- [2002, 2006] Education, Technology and Myth STEPHEN DOWNES: HALF AN HOUR | SUNDAY, AUGUST 27, 2006
- [2002, 2006] Hard Finding Good Developers / Designers TONY KARRER | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 17, 2007
Working Smarter Daily can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.